Raw tomatoes are know for their health benefits and especially for their high antioxidant content, namely the lycopene. Lycopene is also a good promoter of prostate health. So, dear men, get your regular tomato dose once a week!
- 3 big (about 500 g) tomatoes
- 1 medium/small red onion
- 5 g of salt (I used Himalayan)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium/small red chili paprika
- 1/2 tbsp freshly ground pepper (I used a mixture of 5 peppers)
- juice of half a lime
- 2 tbsp probiotics
- 1 tbsp chopped koriander
- Wash the tomatoes, cut them into four and take out the seeds. Dice the seedless tomato-meat.
- Cut the onions into thin slices, ad chop garlic and chili to small pieces.
- Put all veggies, salt, spices, lime juice and probiotics into a bowl. Mix well and leave it to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Until then, prepare your jars. Clean and dry them in oven at low temperature.
- Fill the jars tightly, by pressing the tomatoes down, leaving no air. Pour in the rest of the liquid at the end. Close the jars and leave them to ferment for 3 days at room temperature. Keep it on a plate, although this time there was no excess liquid coming from the jars.
- Store it in the fridge after the fermentation is finished.
I really love the flavour with fish, but from potatoes to pizza everything could be an option to eat it with. Nonetheless, the best is to share it with someone special.